Jonathan Majors’ management and public relations firms, as well as several film projects and an ad campaign, have reportedly dropped the actor in the midst of his ongoing criminal prosecution in New York.
The rising star of “Lovecraft Country” and “Creed III” was a longtime client of talent management company Entertainment 360 and PR firm the Lede Company before being dropped in recent days, according to Deadline, which cited sources close to the matter on Tuesday.
When approached by The Times, Entertainment 360 declined to comment; the Lede Company did not reply to a request for comment on Tuesday.
Also on Tuesday, Deadline reported that Majors had been released from a number of projects, including a feature film adaptation of Walter Mosley’s novel “The Man in My Basement,” an unannounced Otis Redding biopic and an ad campaign for Major League Baseball’s Texas Rangers. Majors grew up in Dallas, a 30-minute drive from the Arlington-based Rangers.
Requests for comment from the Rangers and Protagonist Pictures, which is producing “The Man in My Basement,” were not immediately returned.
In late March, police arrested Majors at a New York City apartment after a 30-year-old woman told police she was assaulted during a “domestic dispute.” The woman was hospitalized with minor injuries to her head and neck.
The next day, Majors was charged with misdemeanor assault and harassment. The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office filed a criminal complaint alleging that the actor “striked her about the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear.” According to a court, majors was released on his own recognizance with a restricted order of protection. His next court appearance is scheduled for May 8.
Majors’ attorney, Priya Chaudhry, maintains her client’s innocence and previously told The Times that her team had obtained “two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”
Chaudhry said Majors is “provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows.” In a statement released shortly after the arrest, Chaudhry claimed that the woman “was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to the hospital,” and that Majors “did not assault her whatsoever.”
Majors’ defense team was gathering evidence for prosecutors, including video footage from “the vehicle where this episode took place” and witness testimony, and the charges were expected to be dropped.
Even so, Majors has already faced public scrutiny around the allegations. The United States military pulled a pair of Army advertisements featuring the action hero. A representative for the U.S. Armed Forces told The Times in a statement that the Army was “deeply concerned” about the allegations.
Majors’ arrest and charges came at a high point in his career. He had recently been in the blockbusters “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” as well as the independent psychological thriller “Magazine Dreams,” which received critical acclaim at the Sundance Film Festival. Majors won fans over with his emotional take on masculinity during the press tours for these flicks, while still appearing as a sex icon with magazine cover shoots for publications like as Men’s Health and Ebony.
As Kang the Conqueror in “Quantumania,” he was heralded as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s newest mega-villain and has, according to Deadline, already filmed his parts in the second season of the Disney+ show “Loki.”
The status of Majors’ involvement in the upcoming film “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty,” in which he is expected to play a lead role, was not immediately known ahead of its 2025 release.