Ubisoft and Ubisoft Blue Byte, the game’s developer and publisher, respectively, announced that The Settlers: New Allies will be released for PC on February 17, 2023, through Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store, with further releases planned for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and Luna.
Ubisoft provides the following synopsis of the game:
- . Completely reworked, featuring all-new art and animations.
- Elari, Maru, and Jorn are the three groups from which to choose. They all look different, play differently, and have different histories.
- Explore a story-driven campaign in The Settlers’ environment, or take on the extra difficulties of Hardcore mode…
- Engage in exciting skirmish skirmishes online with up to eight players, either human or computer-controlled, for hours of entertainment.
- In the single-player campaign, the Elari are uprooted from their native land and forced to make a new life in uncharted lands. Along their way, the new Settlers will encounter various dangers, from the raids of ruthless bandits to the discovery of a completely different civilization.
- Hardcore Mode – As additional scenarios become available to players, extra modifiers and conditions can be applied to the AI to make it a more formidable foe. This new mode will put even the finest players to the test, whether they are competing against one another or against their friends.
- Skirmish – On the 12 launch maps, players will be able to engage in solo vs AI, co-op versus AI, or player versus player with up to eight players.